Friday 21 February 2014

ACNE RECOVERY

MAJOR ACNE RECOVERY!

A couple of months ago something terrible happened :( i woke up one morning with an entire forehead covered with acne. And i'm not talking about mild acne that you can cover up with make up, no this was big, red, painful and extremely noticable! This was so confusing to me because i never had any problems with spots, i've always had clear skin and to experience this acne was beyond upsetting.

I guess the first thing that come's to mind when you get any spots is 'cover up with make up!' but no that shouldn't be the case. If the spots are red and raw, make up will only make it worse. Just take action. As much as i wanted to just pile heaps of foundation on and cover it up, i washed myself and went to college. Yes, i actually left my house!

Since then, it has become so much better. And even though i'ts left marks, theyre disappearing and hopefully in a couple more months im gonna go back to how my face was before. Here are everything i used to help clear my skin again and i will go through what to do every step of the way.

**WARNING** HORRIBLE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE ABOUT TO SHOW UP !!

yes, it's pretty disturbing! :(


As you can see, just in a couple of weeks there was a difference. The trick to getting rid of spots is keeping it clean. And never hide them with make up, as silly as it may sound, they actually need to breathe (which helps recovery).

Here are all the products i used (and some of them still using).



LEFT
All the products i have used from the start. I stopped using some and continued using others.

RIGHT
These are the products that i am stll currently using - including Sudocrem.





FIRST 3 WEEKS
The first 3 weeks all i used was the Neutrogena. This helped kill any bacteria/dirt that was on the surface. Twice in a day - morning and night before i went to sleep.

NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS
After a couple of weeks, i did serious research and finding out what is NATURALLY good for my skin because i didn't want to use anything with chemicals. I found out that Tea Tree is really good more spots and clearing up any blemishes, so i purched the SKIN CLEARING FOAMING CLEANSER and the BLEMISH FADE NIGHT LOTION.

COUPLE MORE WEEKS
I went to the doctors to ask about the marks because even though the acne were no longer there, some of the marks still remained. And the last thing i need is to be reminded of the acne. I was prescribed this gel:


You apply this once in the evening onto the areas where you are most likely to break out. For me its the forehead, nose area and chin. This prevents any new spots and it made it so much easier for me to work on clearing up my face.

CURRENT/NEW



I always knew Sudocrem to be used for baby rashes, imagine my surprise when i found out it helps clear spots! Not going to lie, i was abit skeptical at the beginning but i took the risk and i have never received better results. You apply a thin layer on your breakout areas before you fall asleep. I prefer to slowly tap and not rub because rubbing might cause irritation.

AND FINALLY


Never forget to moisturize your face! I have always used Nivea Soft and i love it so much! It gives my face just the perfect amount of moisture (depending on how much i apply, ofcourse). For those who have dry skin like myself i would defiantly recommend this, it does wonders :)

EXTRAS



I used at the beginning of my acne but it's very confusing. I don't really know whether it helped or made things worse! The reason being is that i wasn't using it alone, i was applying this alongside the other products i was using so i don't really know whether it actually works or not. But the reason why i stopped using it was because the spots increased and because this was the only 'new' product i was using, i assumed it was the problem. Maybe what increased the spots was the mixture with the other products. But if you want to try it, go ahead.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, well that's all that i've been using! My face hasn't officially gone back to how it was but it is 100% clearing and i can see the results every morning. I am contining with my routine and will show you the final results when it's ready!

Thank you.

(i will write down a list off all the products mentioned below)
-Nivea Soft
-Stillman's Freckle Cream
-Sudocrem
-BLEMISH FADE NIGHT LOTION
-SKIN CLEARING FOAMING CLEANSER
-DUAC Gel
- Neutrogena Gentle Exfoliating Wash

MUCH LOVE,
BEAUTY&THESECRET,
XOXO

1 comment: